4 Minute Read:
Facial rejuvenation procedures have become increasingly popular in recent years. People are learning that they can address the aging process by targeting common signs of aging on and around the face.
And many women and men — particularly Dr. Diamond’s patients — see the value of using multiple facial rejuvenation techniques and surgeries to address all areas of the face simultaneously.
However, if you want to look your best, you should also tackle the signs of aging across your entire upper body.
This includes the neck and décolletage as these two areas can make you look old before your time.
So why not just combine everything into one and save yourself the hassle, time, and money?
What Makes the Neck and Cécolletage Area Look Old?
As we age, our bodies produce less of the natural collagen and hyaluronic acid (HA) that creates volume in our skin. This causes our skin to thin out and lose its ability to hold moisture, leaving us vulnerable to wrinkles and dehydration.
Here are a few common culprits that can lead to premature aging:
- Sun Exposure: Not only does sun exposure contribute to fine lines and wrinkles by breaking down collagen, but it can also lead to liver spots or hyperpigmentation due to an increase in melanin production.
- Smoking: Smoking can constrict blood flow, which limits the delivery of oxygen and nutrients needed for healing and regeneration.
- Poor Diet: A diet high in processed foods and sugar breaks down collagen by eating up vitamin C supplies (an essential nutrient needed for collagen production).
You can further address these and other health issues by following The Diamond Life.
Can Facial Rejuvenation Be Combined With Neck and Décolletage Procedures?
The short answer is yes. Facial rejuvenation can be combined with many surgical and non-surgical neck and décolletage procedures offered by Dr. Diamond and his team at the Diamond Face Institute.
Which Treatments Should I Consider Adding to My Diamond Facial Rejuvenation?
- Neck Lift Surgery: While neck lift surgery is commonly performed alongside facelift surgery and other aspects of Diamond Facial Rejuvenation, not every patient understands the importance of targeting and treating the neck. This area extends from the jawline to the upper chest, and no treatment targets the excess skin, vertical banding, or unwanted submental (under the chin) fat deposits like a neck lift can.
- Diamond Skin Tightening: Due to its constant exposure, the face, neck, and décolletage are the areas most commonly prone to loose and lax skin. Diamond Skin Tightening uses a combination of techniques, from laser energy to radiofrequency to Dr. Diamond’s client-favorite, the Diamond InstaFacial®, or the Diamond InstaAmni®.
- Diamond Laser Therapy: Much like Dr. Diamond’s other combination techniques, laser therapy incorporates multiple energies and laser treatments to target blemishes and lines on the face, neck, and décolleté.
The greatest benefit of combining these procedures is that the results are in harmony; nothing is over-corrected or under-corrected, and everything matches up appropriately. This alleviates the need for multiple surgeries to correct over-or under-correction in the future.
Is It Cost-Effective to Combine Cosmetic Procedures to Improve the Appearance?
Additionally, combining procedures usually reduces the overall cost of surgery compared to two separate surgeries.
However, the best way to determine whether combining procedures is appropriate is to discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon first.
When Can Facial Rejuvenation Be Combined With Neck and Décolletage Procedures?
Combining neck and décolletage rejuvenation procedures with facial rejuvenation procedures depends on the patient’s anatomy, skin type, and degree of correction needed.
You may also be a good candidate for a facelift if your face is showing signs of aging and you have loose skin around your chin, jowls along your jawline, or excess fat accumulation under your chin.
Are There Any Risks Associated With Combining Facial Rejuvenation With Neck and Décolletage Procedures?
There are some risks associated with combining multiple surgical procedures into one operation. The most significant risk is that you may need to spend more time under anesthesia than if you had only one procedure done at a time.
Anesthesia carries some risks, but they are very small when performed by a board-certified anesthesiologist in an accredited surgical facility.
Proper nutrition, hydration, and rest can help you heal faster and better when undergoing surgery, particularly when combining two or more surgical procedures.
Where Can I Combine Facial Rejuvenation With Neck and Décolletage Rejuvenation Procedures?
Whether you are interested in rejuvenating the face, neck/décolletage, or both, we can help. At the Diamond Face Institute, we want you to look and feel your best, so we offer a wide range of treatments designed to give you the best results possible.
Interested in Learning More?
Have questions? We have answers. Call us now at (310) 859-9816 or fill out our online form to learn more about our services and schedule an appointment today. Also, follow us @drjasondiamond.