4 Minute Read:
When you are considering making a significant purchase, such as a new home or a new car, you likely will conduct a lot of research into which option is right for you.
You should have the same mindset when considering facial plastic surgery.
It is essential to research plastic surgeons before undergoing any surgery.
Researching the reputation of your surgeon and scheduling a consultation with them can help you feel confident and safe in your decision.
What factors are important when doing your research?
Facial Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon
Cosmetic surgeon is a very general term.
Facial plastic surgeons are credentialed by a board that provides a rigorous certification.
This certification proves the surgeon has met high medical standards, surgical skills, knowledge, judgment, safety, and ethics in their specialty.
Why Are Credentials and Standards so Important?
Your facial plastic surgery is a reconstruction procedure. Understanding the full extent of your surgery can help you with setting expectations and knowing what your experience may be.
While performing your procedure, it is possible that everything will run smoothly and go according to plan.
In the event that a complication arises, someone with more experience will be able to handle the potential problem more appropriately than someone without the same level of experience.
Before you go in for plastic surgery, make sure that your surgeon is board-certified in facial plastic surgery.
Just because your physician is wearing a white lab coat and considers themselves a cosmetic surgeon, it does not necessarily mean that they are specially trained and experts in the procedure you want to undergo.
To ensure that you are seeing a surgeon who is both trained and experienced in your specific procedure, you can verify that your surgeon is certified by the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
9 Crucial Points to Keep In Mind
- Do not focus solely on the price of your procedure; make sure you choose a surgeon who can provide satisfying results that you feel comfortable with. Most of the time, you get what you pay for.
- Get plastic surgery for yourself, not for anyone else.
- See a therapist for counseling, which can help you before and after surgery.
- If you aren’t a good candidate for the procedure in question, a good surgeon will turn you down. This is not only for your safety but also because you will likely not be satisfied with your results.
- If your expectations are too high, we will discuss it and help you set more reasonable standards.
- Facial plastic surgeons do not have magic wands. Risks of complications are present with any surgery; however, if you choose a board-certified facial plastic surgeon, your likelihood of obtaining optimal results is much higher.
- Surgery is meant to accentuate your natural beauty, not fix your personal issues or problems. Do not expect your life to suddenly change dramatically after your procedure.
- There is no such thing as perfection; surgeons can enhance your appearance, but there are always going to be risks of complications.
- You will need to spend time healing and recovering, which will mean resting and relaxing for about two weeks, depending on the procedure and extent of correction being made.
You Can See the Difference
Every patient who is seeking facial plastic surgery should do their homework before making their selection of which surgeon to hire.
Certifications are not easy to acquire, so when you choose a surgeon who is board certified, you can feel confident in their higher levels of training and education.
Dr. Diamond’s dedication and surgical training are backed by his double board certification by The American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and The American Board of Otolaryngology.
He also received additional training and is a Fellow of The American College of Surgeons.
His extensive training, education, experience, and inherent skill is utilized during every procedure.
Facial Procedures in Beverly Hills
Dr. Diamond specializes in facial surgery and is specially trained for these procedures. Many patients decide to combine several procedures into one surgery.
- Facelift: If you are bothered by excess loose, sagging skin along the lower face and jowls, and facial wrinkling or fine lines, then a facelift may be right for you.
- Neck Lift: When excess skin and fat on the neck become significant, it can cause vertical banding. Neck lift surgery is designed to remove these concerns and provide a smoother, slimmer neck.
- Eyelid Surgery: Also known as blepharoplasty, eyelid surgery corrects excess eyelid skin and puffiness.
- Facial Implants: Your jaw, chin, and cheekbones can all appear more chiseled, defined, and prominent with facial implants.
- Facelift Revision: Although there are many different reasons to undergo facelift revision surgery, also referred to as correction facelift, some patients simply aren’t satisfied with their initial facelift procedure results. Dr. Diamond is trained and skilled in redoing facelift surgery for patients who are dissatisfied with their original facelift results. Such issues can include pixie ear (an ear deformity caused by pulling the skin too tight), extensive visible scarring, or a lateral sweep (a windswept, inauthentic appearance). If you are unhappy with your facelift outcome, please schedule a consultation with Dr. Diamond to evaluate your facial anatomy and concerns and see if a facelift revision is right for you.
Considering Plastic Surgery?
After researching which facial plastic surgeons may be right for you, you can compare results by viewing each surgeon’s before and after photo gallery to critique the outcomes.
Reading reviews and testimonials is another way to determine whether a surgeon is a good match. Once you feel comfortable with your chosen surgeon, schedule a consultation, and trust your gut feeling. Instincts can lead you to the right path!
You may also consider how often your surgeon performs the procedure you are interested in. If they only perform that procedure 20 times per year, you may want to seek another surgeon.
Searching for a bargain is an excellent idea for buying a new car or wardrobe. When it comes to your face and body, splurge on an experienced, personable, and knowledgeable board-certified surgeon.
Schedule Your Consultation Today!
The natural aging process will continue to age your skin, so what are you waiting for?