A common misconception about BOTOX® Cosmetic and facial fillers is that they are the same thing. However, while they are both non-surgical injectable treatments, BOTOX® Cosmetic and dermal fillers are comprised of different substances and treat facial aging in entirely different ways. Here are some of the key differences between BOTOX® Cosmetic and facial fillers and how each is used to minimize signs of aging on the face.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic: A single type of facial injectable that is comprised of a highly purified protein neurotoxin.
- Facial Fillers: A family of facial injectables that may be comprised of hyaluronic acid, calcium hydroxyapatite, collagen, or other substances.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic: Treats facial aging by temporarily paralyzing certain muscles so that they do not contract and cause wrinkles when making certain facial expressions. This includes fine to severe lines between the brows, on the forehead, and around the eyes.
- Facial Fillers: Treat facial aging by improving skin volume to correct thinning areas, smooth out the skin, and fill folds such as smile lines.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic: Minimizes the appearance of moderate to severe facial wrinkles.
- Facial Fillers: Improve areas of volume loss as well as the appearance of moderate to severe facial wrinkles.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic: Treats wrinkles on the forehead, between the brows, around the eyes (crow’s feet), and on the neck as well as dimpling of the chin.
- Facial Fillers: Treat wrinkles on the cheeks, chin, jawline, and lips as well as signs of aging around the nose and mouth (nasolabial folds) and under the eyes.
Length of Results
- BOTOX® Cosmetic: Results typically last between four and six months, and regular treatments are necessary to maintain the results.
- Facial Fillers: Results may last from six months up to two years depending on the type of filler and treatment area, and regular treatments are necessary to maintain the results.
Dr. Jason B. Diamond offers BOTOX® Cosmetic, Dysport®, and facial fillers as non-surgical anti-aging treatments. Some of the facial fillers he uses include RADIESSE®, Restylane®, JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC, JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC, and BELOTERO BALANCE®. Dr. Diamond also offers PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) injections to rejuvenate the face. To help you achieve your aesthetic goals, Dr. Diamond will be happy to recommend the appropriate injectable(s) for your needs.
Dr. Jason Diamond is respected around the world for his expertise in facial rejuvenation treatments and procedures. To schedule your personal consultation with Dr. Diamond today, call (310) 859-9816 or fill out our online contact form.